The Situation in Iran and Yemen
The Office of Public Affairs represents the Bahá'í community of India in communications with the government and civil society concerning the persecution of Bahá'ís in Iran, Yemen, and other countries.
Recent Iran Report: Displacement and Expulsion of the Baha'is of Ivel and the Demolition, Flattening and Confiscation of their Properties
The Baha’is of Ivel village in Mazandaran in the north of Iran have been facing systematic state-sponsored persecution since 1983. In 2010 Bahá’í homes in the village of Ivel were subject to arson and demolition repeated grievances and complaints by the Bahá’ís at local and national levels, through government officials, religious clerics and others. There have been Baha’is in this village for more than a century and a half.
In late 2020, two Iranian courts issued orders that declared ownership of lands by 27 Baha’is in the village of Ivel to be illegal. The court documents indicate that the confiscation of their land is due to their religious beliefs.
Recent Reports and Statements
- Statement from All India Tanzeem Falahul Muslimeen
- Statement - All India Saifi Association
- Statement from Internationl Human Rights Organization
- Star News Agency- International support for Iran's Baha'is highlights growing rights violation
- Star News Agency- Home raids across Iran indicate alarming increase in human rights violations against Baha'is says Baha'i international community
- Outlook India - Human right NGO urges Iranian authorities to end all forms of persecution of its Baha'i citizens
- The week - Human right NGO urges Iranian authorities to end all forms of persecution of its Baha'i citizens
- Yahoo News - Human right NGO urges Iranian authorities to end all forms of persecution of its Baha'i citizens
- Newsbytes - Human rights NGO urges Iran to end persecution of Baha'is
- Star News Agency- Human right NGO urges Iranian authorities to end all forms of persecution of its Baha'i citizens
- Albilad English Daily - Canadian leaders assail iran court ruling to confiscate bahai properties on Ivel
- Star News Agency - “An extraordinary wave of support”: Muslim leaders and government officials denounce Iran’s persecution of Baha'is
- Word For Peace - GENEVA: Legal professionals call to stop persecution of Baha’is in Iran
- Human Rights Defence International- Persecution of Bahá’ís and effectiveness of International governance response